**Physiotherapy for back pain and low back pain**
Does your back hurt and does that pain affect you in your day-to-day life? You probably think that the time has come to visit a physical therapy professional. In this article we are going to tell you about the benefits of physiotherapy to relieve back pain.
Pain in the lower back can be associated with various causes, from age and diet to aspects related to lifestyle, such as a sedentary lifestyle.
However, most back pain is caused by poor posture habits, but it can also be due to sudden changes in temperature or insufficient hydration. More rarely, behind low back pain there may be a more severe pathology that requires immediate attention, such as vertebral prolapse, herniated discs or fractures. That said, in most cases its origin is unknown (idiopathic).
Back pain is one of the most frequent musculoskeletal pathologies and is the first chronic health problem in India. In fact, it is the one that causes a greater number of primary care consultations within disorders of the musculoskeletal system. It is estimated that between 60% and 80% of the population will suffer from low back pain at some point in their lives.
**SYMPTOMS OF BACK PAIN**
Back pain can be localized in one area, spread throughout the lower back or radiate down the leg, and in terms of intensity, it can be deep, superficial or resemble a burning, cramp or prick.
Pelvic pain, on the other hand, generates high degrees of disability, usually related to gait disturbances and the transition from sitting to standing.
Some of the most common symptoms of back pain and low back pain are:
• Severe back pain, especially when bending over.
• Morning stiffness in the lower back after sitting.
• Sensation of pins or needles in the buttocks, legs or feet.
• Pain radiating down the back or front of the leg.
Other more infrequent symptoms, such as back pain accompanied by unexplained weight loss and fever or difficulty controlling the bladder or bowels or numbness in any area, require an urgent visit to the [urologist in Delhi](https://www.thestoneclinic.co.in/).
![physiotherapy for back pain](https://drsarwarphysiotherapycenter.files.wordpress.com/2022/09/physiotherapy-for-back-pain.jpg?w=1024)
**WHY SHOULD YOU GO TO THE [PHYSIOTHERAPIST IN DELHI](https://sarwarpro.com/doctor/physiotherapist-delhi) IF YOUR BACK HURTS?**
If your back pain is giving you a lot of trouble or isn't getting better after a few weeks, you should see a [physiotherapist in Dwarka](https://sarwarpro.com/doctor/physiotherapist-dwarka).
[Physiotherapy in Dwarka](https://www.drsarwarphysiotherapycenter.com/) can be very useful in the following cases of back pain:
• Nonspecific back pain, such as an injury, infection, or herniated disc.
• Sciatic pain: it is a pain that extends from the back to the legs and can even reach the foot.
• Back pain caused by the wear of the vertebral discs, very common as we age.
• Lumbar spinal stenosis – when spaces in the spine narrow and put pressure on the spinal cord and spinal nerve roots.
**BENEFITS OF PHYSIOTHERAPY IN THE TREATMENT OF BACK PAIN**
• Reduces pain, improving quality of life.
• It helps to improve the mobility of the back, so that the patient can resume their daily routine normally and minimizing discomfort.
• It effectively contributes to strengthening the back muscles, toning and reducing the risk of having painful episodes again.
• It favors the stability and function of the spine, reduces the risk of injury to the intervertebral disc and improves mobility, avoiding poor posture that can cause chronic back pain.
• Increases the vascularization of the area, favoring the de-inflammation of the region and a better recovery.
**TREATMENTS FOR BACK PAIN**
Immobilization and absolute rest as a method of dealing with back pain is an obsolete concept. The effectiveness of individualized exercises and training guidelines for each patient based on factors such as their muscular condition, the characteristics of their spine or the condition they suffer from has been demonstrated.
To find out the possible origin of the pain, the [physiotherapist in Dwarka](https://www.drsarwarphysiotherapycenter.com/) will perform a physical examination. Once you know the origin of the pain and the underlying pathology, you will determine the type of physiotherapy treatment to follow.
Physiotherapy for back pain offers a response adapted to each patient. Depending on the causes, the [best physiotherapist in Dwarka](https://www.drsarwarphysiotherapycenter.com/) specialized in traumatology will provide a treatment that combines different therapies in each session.
Some of the most used techniques are:
• Active therapy (rehabilitation). They are exercises and movements that you do yourself to improve flexibility, mobility and strength in the lower back. It includes proprioception exercises and muscle strengthening for lasting relief from discomfort.
• Manual therapy (mobilizations, massage therapy, manipulations). It is intended to reduce pain and improve joint mobility. Typically, manual therapy is combined with an exercise program.
• Osteopathic Manual Therapy. Massages and spinal manipulations are useful to mitigate pain and possible associated symptoms.
• Invasive therapy (dry needling, percutaneous electrolysis). Only when back pain is caused by high-grade muscle contractures.
• Means or physical agents (electrotherapy, ultrasound, short wave, bandages), which can help in certain pathologies.
• Diathermy. The application of heat to damaged tissues improves the vascularization of the area and speeds up recovery from injuries. Generally, this therapy is combined with others to create a more effective overall treatment.
As we have seen, through physiotherapy we can treat different back injuries, both at the lumbar, dorsal and cervical levels. Depending on your diagnosis, [physiotherapist in Najafgarh](https://sarwarpro.com/doctor/physiotherapist-najafgarh) will apply the physiotherapy treatment that best suits you to achieve a better recovery and avoid relapses.
If you suffer from back pain and seek relief from your symptoms through physiotherapy, at Dr Sarwar Physiotherapy Centre, we are the best [physiotherapy clinic in Dwarka](https://www.drsarwarphysiotherapycenter.com/), with more than 10 years of experience. You can visit us or ask us your questions.