# What is Web Hosting
Let's understand what is web hosting? Web hosting allows you to host your website on World Wide Web with the custom domain name as per your business requirements. In this service, hosting providers take some cost and give some required bandwidth or space on the server to store the website files.
Website files are stored on the server just like we store files on our personal computer. But hosting providers uses very higher configured computers or servers than our computers and that resources are connected with powerful or high bandwidth Internet link.
## Why do we need web hosting?
Many people think purchasing a domain name is sufficient to make the website live for all over the world but the domain name is just name of any website. In technical term, we can connect our computer to the internet to serve the web pages to the visitors, but it is not practically possible because home internet connection is not capable to manage many visitors at the same time. This will make it possible for us by web hosting providers. Because they have their own powerful web servers and bandwidth to store website's files as well as serve many visitors at a same time. Web hosting companies also offer some value-added services like some add-ons, refer and earn, etc.
There are many hosting types available as per your requirements, such as:
- [Shared Web Hosting](https://www.waikey.com/shared-hosting/ "Shared Web Hosting")
- Cloud Web Hosting
- [VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Server)](https://www.waikey.com/cheap-vps/ "Virtual Private Server (VPS)")
- [Dedicated Server Hosting](https://www.waikey.com/dedicated-server/ "Dedicated Server Hosting")
- Colocation Web Hosting
- Reseller Web Hosting
- WordPress Web Hosting
- Email Web Hosting
Shared hosting is a suitable option if you want to:
- Try out web hosting with a small budget.
- Host a small personal website with moderate traffic and little dynamic content.
You can find more information from [Hostgator Reviews and Coupon Codes](https://www.waikey.com/hosting-reviews/hostgator-review-and-coupon-codes/ "Hostgator Reviews and Coupon Codes").
After all this explanation, next question is How to Choose the Best Web Hosting Provider?
There are many web hosting providers available in the market, but choosing the right one to our business niche or requirements is a difficult task. For this, we need to consider some factors. Start to collect all hosting providers information on the internet. After collecting all information check their reviews on different websites as well as check some current customer testimonials etc.
Some of the things that needs to be remembered while choosing a web hosting service are as follows:
- **More Reliability**- Reliability of a web hosting provider should be one of the most important concerns while choosing a web hosting provider. A reliable web hosting provider is the one that has good and satisfied customer base. A web hosting provider on whom you can trust and give your website to host with them.
- **Better Price** - Price of the web hosting packages we purchase should be another primary concern while choosing a web hosting provider. One should choose a web hosting service according to the reliability of a web hosting service provider.
- **Good Support** - Support should be the important factor while choosing a web hosting service. A good web hosting company should provide the best support to its customers. A good customer support given by the web hosting company, gives the website a better push to make the website live on the web.
These are some of the important factors while choosing a web hosting service for your business/website. Also, consider some important following points;
**Hosting Package Cost:**
Compare all hosting providers with each other in terms of cost and try to find affordable web hosting provider.
Web space is another important aspect. Compare how much amounts of space provides by web hosting providers.
Many hosting providers offer 'Unlimited Bandwidth', but it often ends with some certain terms and conditions as per company standard. Hosting Bandwidth means the amount of traffic can handle the website. So make sure that, go through the terms and conditions of the hosting provider.
I hope this information is beneficial to know what web hosting and how to find the best web hosting provider.
You also get better security when you get your own hosting plan. Cheap Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and cheap VPS Hosting Reviews and Coupon Codes - [https://www.waikey.com/](https://www.waikey.com/ "https://www.waikey.com/")